Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you are unable to locate the information you are looking for please contact our office.

Municipal – Road maintenance, garbage collection, local bylaws, animal control, police, ambulance and fire services, libraries, parks and recreation, municipal property taxes.

Provincial – Birth/marriage/death certificates, driver’s licence, health cards, Ontario Works (social assistance), Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Employment Standards (lost wages, severance), student loans (provincial), GO Transit, Family Responsibility Office (FRO).

Additional information is available on the Service Ontario website: www.serviceontario.ca.

Federal – Passports, social insurance numbers and card, citizenship & immigration, Child Tax Benefit, EI (Employment Insurance), national defence, Revenue Canada (Income tax), CPP (Canada Pension Plan), OAS (Old Age Security), student loans (federal), Canada Post.

Additional information is available on the Service Canada website: www.servicecanada.gc.ca.

To apply for a card, you must:

  1. Go in person to your nearest Service Ontario office (that provides Health Card service( or book an appointment at 1-888-376-5197.
  1. Fill in the registration for Ontario Health Coverage form, and
  1. Provide the necessary documents: proof of citizenship, residency and photo identification

Service Ontario in Orangeville
41 Broadway, Unit 7 Orangeville ON, 1-800-267-8097

Service Ontario in Shelburne
109 Adeline St, Shelburne ON, 519-925-3741

Service Ontario in Bolton
18 King St E, Bolton ON, 905-857-3314

Service Ontario in Brampton
7765 Hurontario St, 1st Floor, Brampton ON, 1-800-267-8097

Yes. Ontario photo health cards have an expiry date that is linked to your date of birth. The red and white cards do not have any expiry date but the ministry is gradually contacting Ontario residents to switch over to a photo health card.

If you are older than 15 ½ years, you will need to visit an OHIP office or book an appointment at one of the Service Ontario office’s to renew your health card and have a photo taken.

Please note: Children under 15 ½ years of age will receive a renewal form that can be mailed directly into the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Car. No photo is needed for children under 15 ½ years.

If you have other questions regarding your health card you can call the INFO-line at: 1-866-532-3161

Applications for birth, marriage or death certificates are available on line at: www.orgforms.gov.on.ca.

Note: If you do not have access to a computer, you can visit my constituency office in Orangeville to get a paper copy of the applications.

The process for a new birth certificate for a child born in Ontario is a one step process for birth registration, obtaining a birth certificate and social insurance number. To visit the newborn registration website click here.

My constituency offices can help in expediting a replacement or new birth certificate (if the birth registration is complete) that is needed for urgent reasons, such as travel or employment. The Registrar General’s office requires proof of urgency (plane ticket, hotel or event reservations). Delayed birth registrations cannot be expedited for any reason.

Automated line for clients – 1-800-267-7263
Mon. – Fri. 8:00a.m. – 8:30p.m.

Client Services – 1-800-267-4330
Mon. – Thu. 8:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.
Fri. 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.

Fax number for sending information – 416-240-2401

In order to contact the FRO you will need your case number and a PIN number. The PIN number is a secure number, known only to you, and must not be shared. If you don’t have a PIN number, please contact the FRO office.

Absolutely I will try to help you. Contact my constituency office 519-941-7751, 905-951-9382 or toll free 1-800265-1603, to discuss your specific concern with one of my knowledgeable staff members. Ensure you have your FRO case number available.


Constituency Offices: Orangeville Office